I have a puzzling question that I could not answer. Once I heard that there is a natural and harmless parasite, which I donít know its name, lives on cats. It has no harmful effects. The problem arises when a human socializes with a cat for a long time, and then giving the cat up. In this case, as what I heard, that parasite will affect the humans. The symptoms are quite simple but extremely annoying. The major symptom is extreme itchy skin.
At first, I didnít believe this, but later I became a victim of this parasite. One time I had to take a trip away from home for 6 days. By the time of the trip, I have had a cat for more than three years. After spending three days away from cat, the itching started. I took lots of showers a day, using strong and detergent soaps with no luck. The itching went away only when I went back to my cat.
Could the itching I experienced be an effect of such parasite? Does anyone know anything about this mysterious parasite? Or has anyone, who socialized with a cat for a long time, given it up? If so, any side effects? Please help me, some time in the future I will have to go away for two years, leaving the cat with other members of my family. I am worried about what will happen to me without my cat.
If you have any information that can help me, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org