Thread: My lovebird loves Yellow

My lovebird loves Yellow

If i put out all colors of paper mindy will go and strip the yellow paper. I found this interesting then did it again same result.She will chew all paper if no yellow around but that color she loves it it seems like. I have tried all types of color assortments but same result every time. Anyone else have this with their lovebird?

Talking Well...

I don't have a lovebird, lol but I have a Blue ringnecked parakeet called Oscar who loves white. I once caught him staring at his cuttlebone 4 like, half an hour. And althoug his perches are like a beige colour, when hes flying around he likes 2 stand on white things like paper. He also has a fanscination with his reflection lol, typical Bird!!

Many parrots have a 'flash colour'...this is generally defined as a colour that can make them excited, but I use it also in refernece to a colour preference the a parrot may have. Keep in mind that parrots have an extra receptor in their vision that allows them to see in much more vivid colour than we see. A speaker that I saw this past weekend at the NPRPF annual Parrot festival also informed us that parrots can see infrared (I had no idea) and actually can see the heat field around living things such as plants and flowers. No wonder my Lovie seems to fascinated when my African Violets bloom...imagine actually being able to see the infrared around vegitation, how cool is that! And to be able to see things in vibrant colour all the time as well! Imagine how beautiful the rainforests and other exotic locals where our fids hail from must be through their eyes! And no wonder they seem to love brightly coloured toys so much!
    Cheers, Tamara
    "Canada - she never sounds better than when you put her on vinyl and she never looks better than when you put her on ice" CBC Hockey Night in Canada

^^ Wow, that's amazing! I never knew that birds can see the head fields around living things.

As for my lovies' favourite colour . . . I've really never noticed what colour they prefer. I don't think they really care.

Its amazing what these birds are capable of. Very smart mindy tries to out smart me i love it!

I ran across this post when searching "my lovebird loves yellow" on Google. I didn't know those cool things about my baby being able to see heat off of living things.

Petey has a yellow ball that he constantly runs after, tries to sit on and for the last two months regurgitates food to feed it. (He has a similar purple ball that he pays no attention to) He also loves his yellow stand and I caught him trying to feed it today. lol

so adorable.. yeah I noticed that my bird pays more attention to brighter colours like yellow and fluoro orange

hi

i have one bird and one parrot, they are very cute, they both are different color ........

Thanks............

Birds really have smart mind. My lovebird loves blue ,but i think it's related to it's color.

hi.. i have also a love birds..
    your love birds is so smart and intelligent..

I have dozens of love birds with variety of colours, i am having them from 2000. I had made a huge room space only for them.

My Anna bird would chase my poor Twiggy bird around because of her red and blue suite , it was obvious she had a distaste for red, but its been years since and she's relaxed on the chasing.

My red rump gets a fright when ever she sees the colour red. She flattens all her feathers and backs away from the red thing.

Smile

I like them, just I also kept, and they are very happy every day.