Thread: Any ideas for special treats?

Any ideas for special treats?

So my dogs birthday is coming up and since she is my first dog and celebrating her first birthday with me I want to treat her to something nice. I know some people have given their dogs a fine cooked/or raw meal as opposed to their plan boring dog food and even looked up a few dog cake recipes but was interested in what some of you may have given your dogs? It's only for one meal on her birthday and I want it to be special...do you think giving her " people food" for one meal would be so bad? Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!! I always love the responses here and everyone is helpful!

Grill her up a veggie burger and chop it up in her bowl... make sure it's only warm and not hot when you give it to her. Don't put ketchup or steak sauce on it! Let her eat it plain... no roll. If you surprise her with this special treat, I'd like to know how she liked it.

One special treat during summer is frozen kong filled with butter..
    It's a dog eat dog world, Woody, and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

My dog’s favorite special treat is a slice of Natural Balance dog food rolls. I can’t even explain to you how much they love them! We keep them for special occasions and store them in the fridge to keep them fresh. I buy the grain-free duck one, but they have a few flavors. Plus they are all-natural so I feel good giving my dog something that’s healthy but that he will also go nuts for. I get mine at Petco and they are not even that expensive.

Some things my dog goes nuts for: steamed green beans, pumpkin puree (not pie filling - its spices are bad for dogs), cottage cheese, watermelon, canteloupe, peanut butter.

Someone sent me a doggie cake recipe for my dog's recent birthday. It's a peanut butter and carrot cake with banana frosting - sounds like something my girl will love. I can't post the link (newbie alert, lol) but if you search for "My Dog's Peanut Butter, Banana, Carrot Birthday Cake" you should be able to find it easily.

Have fun with the birthday!