Thread: My girl has pyometra :( New here

Unhappy My girl has pyometra :( New here

Hi, I'm Meagan. 17, obsessed with dogs, love them to death. Love my girls. One of them is going through a very tough time now, Cinder, she has pyometra. :'( And I can't afford to take her to the vet, so we've been waiting it out. :'( It's so horrible. But she's lived for way longer than she was supposed to, so now I'm worried and confused. Everywhere she lays it's just a pool of blood and pus and all that... I love my girl. Anyone else have a bad situation you're going through?

So sorry to hear your dog is suffering so much. It is unfortunate you can not afford to take her to the vet. When you say you are "waiting it out", do you mean waiting for the infection to pass....it probably won't. Or are you waiting for her to pass? Either way is horrible. If you aren't going to treat the pyometra, at least consider taking her to the vet to be put to sleep so that she isn't suffering any longer. That too, does cost money, but not nearly as much as an emergcency hysterectomy, followed with antibiotics and what not. Please consider scraping up some money from somewhere to either treat her infection or to put her down, poor thing shouldn't have to suffer anymore.

You can't wait out pyometra, the infection just gets worse and the dog will die a horribly painful death. As my dog milo siad, if you cannot afford to have her properly treated then please have her euthanized. Many shelters will perform euthanasias at a reduced cost.
    The Kitties: Tia, Buttons, Tigger, Uber, Isys, Voodoo, Midi, Xaria & Tig Tig.

The Dog: Kaylee

The Ratties: Emma, Pixie, Elle & Nym

Waiting for me on the other side: Blue, Lexi, Pumpkin, Alice, Bob, Archemedes and Harry You're greatly missed but never forgotten.

Thank you for your concerns. Cinder passed last night. :'( I'm still grieving... I just wish there was something I could have done... I don't believe in euthanasia, so that's why we did not do that... and I was worried because she was living a lot longer than the average case... but thank you for all you help and concern. RIP Cinder. <3

So sorry for your loss. May you find comfort in the fact that your dog is at peace and no longer suffering.

_Lisa_ is offline PetLovers.Com Moderator PetLovers.Com Moderator
    Sorry to hear about your loss Meagan, I'm equally sorry to hear that you did not want Cinder to pass on peacefully but instead you left her in pain because it was easier for you.
    ΦΕΦΗ
    Having a dog completely fulfills my need to be called Mommy.

"I shall pass this way but once; any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again."

Apologizing does not mean that you are wrong and the other one is right. It simply means that you value the relationship much more than your ego.

I bleed blue!

Quote Originally Posted by lakalakadaka View Post
    Yeah... I just don't like euhtanasia because I don't believe we have the right to decide when they die or not... maybe they want to live, and try to fight it out... sometimes that happens. That's how the medical world figures out cures and such. Perhaps they want to die, and get the pain over with... either way, I still don't think we have the right to decide that for them. But I completely underswtand where your'e coming from, and I am kicking myself that I didn't try harder to help her. >:/ I feel terrible about myself. But thank you all for the concern and condolences. May she rest in peace, regardless.
    That's baloney. You didn't even take her to the vet. You let her suffer for days. How is letting your dog die in agony in her own blood and pus helping advance the field of veterinary medicine?

The medical world does know what to do about pyometra. It's called a spay, surgery to remove the affected organs (the uterus in this case). Then the dog is put on antibiotics and pain medication to help her, as she heals.

It's cruel and inhumane, what you did to a dog you claim to have loved. (If she even existed.)
    Last edited by special; 04-30-2012 at 07:04 AM.

And just to add to what special posted this morning, what you did is also considered animal cruelty in some states. You neglected her medical condition, even if you do not believe in euthanasia she deserved to at least be comfortable in her final days.
    The Kitties: Tia, Buttons, Tigger, Uber, Isys, Voodoo, Midi, Xaria & Tig Tig.

The Dog: Kaylee

The Ratties: Emma, Pixie, Elle & Nym

Waiting for me on the other side: Blue, Lexi, Pumpkin, Alice, Bob, Archemedes and Harry You're greatly missed but never forgotten.

Wow, I just read this, and I kind of wish I hadn't as I'm now thinking of that poor dog dying a slow and painful death in her own blood and pus.

Unbelievably cruel.

Poor thing may she rest in pease now, Pip x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dlaura is offline I must, I must, I must Supporting Member
    PetLovers.Com Moderator
    Lets all hope and pray that the OP doesn't get another pet.
    ATTITUDE! Life is 10% what happens to one and 90% how one reacts to it!

Hey guys, be nice. Her dog just died. And she did say she was/is a dog lover...who couldn't be bothered to spay her dog, get it medical treatment or put it out of it's misery...Ooops! There I go again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]