Thread: HELP! my cat's head is shaking and he cant walk properly!!!

Thumbs down HELP! my cat's head is shaking and he cant walk properly!!!

my cat is about 15 years old and today his back legs have gone and he cant walk properly also his head keeps shaking and twitching! is it a seizure or something? pleaseee help!! i love my cat!

Take him to the vet. Immediately. Probably a stroke. A slight possibility it could be vestibular disease. This is an emergency, get him medical treatment right now.

the vets were closed today :/ but he has seemed to make some progress his head is no longer shaking but he is still a little unsteady on his feet. i shall take him to the vets as soon as i can thank you!

How frustrating to need the care of your vet and find them closed. Do please contact them as early in the morning as you can. Do keep an eye on kitty!

And let us know...Until next time...Annie
    Cat-Talk-101.com...Teaching Families to Understand Felines...One Meow At A Time!

dlaura is offline I must, I must, I must Supporting Member
    PetLovers.Com Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by special View Post
    Take him to the vet. Immediately. Probably a stroke. A slight possibility it could be vestibular disease. This is an emergency, get him medical treatment right now.
    I want to re-emphasize how important that you get your cat to the vet immediately! It could mean the difference between your cat's survival or demise.
    ATTITUDE! Life is 10% what happens to one and 90% how one reacts to it!

dlaura is offline I must, I must, I must Supporting Member
    PetLovers.Com Moderator
    At times like this there are emergency vet clinics available during the times your regular vet isn't available. They are there for a reason, emergencies that occur on off hours, just as there are hospitals for people when accidents, heart attacks, strokes occur outside of their doctor's normal visiting hours.

Your cat will probably suffer another episode of whatever it was that happened. Just because it's head isn't shaking as badly and you feel it is doing better is not an excuse to skip the vet visit and I just need to say this to be sure you realize this.
    ATTITUDE! Life is 10% what happens to one and 90% how one reacts to it!

If you call your vet's office, the answering machine message should give you the emergency number to reach the on-call vet. If not, call another clinic or your local animal rescue centre.
    Heather.

Even our small town has an emergency vet not too far away, please don't wait for Monday morning.
    Jennie, Gary & our kids:

cat colony: Hunter S Tomcat, Archie and Mehitable, Witch, and Calamity Jane, Cuddlebug, Havana, Ghost, Spitfire Liz, Little Bit, Jesse, Moe, Cali, Stardust, Anastasia & Christy, Sally and the 5 boys

dog pack Heinz and Heidi

rip Tiger, Rabbit, Two Stars, Angel,Elaine, Mungo Jerry, Tex and Ijimus. I'll meet y'all at the bridge.