Thread: Ever have one of those days?

Ever have one of those days?

Do you guys ever have one of those days, where no matter what you do......everyone seems to be hateful to you? Everyone seems to be in a bad mood? I'm not talking about on here, but I took Auggie to town earlier....And I don't know, I guess maybe in this one instance it was the new (seasonal workers) staff at Lowes, but most all of them were quite rude and acted like I shouldn't even be there. I was just walking Auggie around, getting him use to things, letting him see things in Lowes. The people that I normally see weren't there, but many Lowes workers have known me for years because I always bring my dogs in...and they love to pet and play with them. Even some of the customers were quite rude there as well.......Such a turn around from when I took Auggie there back on Saturday. Everyone was friendly, many workers pet him, many Lowes customers came up to pet him then as well, and everyone was nice to me. It seemed like everywhere I went today that people were in a hateful mood though, no matter what you say or did.

How can anyone be hateful to someone with a cutie-faced chubby-legged floppy-eared little puppy?!! That's crazy!

Just ignore the grumpy miserable *bad-word of your choice*s. As long as Auggie is happy and unaffected. Don't let them get you down.

What is Lowes btw?
    Heather.

Ah, I didn't think....some of you on here may not have a Lowes. It's a HUGE store that sells outdoor equipment, plants, flowers, grills, outdoor furniture, wood, things like toilets, sinks, and any other thing you might need in your house as well as flooring, and just many....many other things. I've always liked taking my dogs there because of how big it is, all the noises going on, the people, and how "friendly" they usually are.

Who knows, maybe it was a good experience for him anyway. I notice in his behavior, even at this age, some people he likes petting him, some he is more so....I don't mind you petting me, but I'm not super excited about it....and then some (I tell these people before they even try to pet, don't pet him) people he clearly shows he does not trust. It'll be interesting to see how he develops mentally as he grows. I'm willing to bet he'll end up fairly aloof, but having no problem with anyone near him. He just seems kind of like his sire, who was fine around strangers, but didn't always care to be pet by them. He didn't try to hurt anyone, he just preferred you to be a child lol. Anubis loved children. If he trusted someone, he wouldn't pay much attention to them.....if they were suspicious to someone, he would watch them like a hawk. I think that's just in the genetics and I'm very okay with that. It might keep me safe some day.

I did talk to one woman when I went to Tractor Supply (Tractor Supply sells food for animals, a little bit of training stuff for dogs, dog toys, meds, and then they have outdoor equipment and what not) after that who was very nice at least. Such a sweet (I think she was Spanish?) person, it was hard to understand her, but she was really nice.

I've wondered about taking Kallie to Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. I think I may try it but I wasn't sure if it was ok. She is so scared of everything so I'm trying to expose her to everything possible. I did take her to a St. Patrick's Day parade and to a really big park the weekend before last. She did surprisingly well. I'm looking forward to hearing more stories about Auggie. I'm counting on you for a little guidance on how to help Kallie along.
    Mom to: Shooter-Blue Heeler; Kallie-Red Heeler Mix; Ranger-Red Heeler; Boots-3/4 Coonhound 1/4 Australian Shepard
    Eve and Fiona-Guinea Pigs
    Oh and three non-furry kids!

Join the crazy cavies at www.piggiephun.proboards.com. All species welcome
    My endless random ramblings: http://kcksss08.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by erinrenae80 View Post
    I've wondered about taking Kallie to Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. I think I may try it but I wasn't sure if it was ok. She is so scared of everything so I'm trying to expose her to everything possible. I did take her to a St. Patrick's Day parade and to a really big park the weekend before last. She did surprisingly well. I'm looking forward to hearing more stories about Auggie. I'm counting on you for a little guidance on how to help Kallie along.
    Those are good places to take dogs typically. If it's the first time I take a dog there, and it's nervous about the shopping carts, or any equipment or things use to carry objects that are too big for the carts.....I just stop, let it go past us....and typically the dog gets use to it quickly. Does your dog like meeting people though?

Honestly, I don't know if I'm going to be on this forum much longer. I feel like certain members (I won't mention their names, but they're very active on here), act as if I know squat on here, and though they don't necessarily "direct" some of the comments towards me......My advice is about useless according to them. I have a lot of experience with dogs, training, working with them, etc.....but obviously this is a forum and it's not always easy to evaluate something based on what someone typed (someone who may not even be judging their dogs situation correctly or reading their dogs correctly for that matter)....Compared to what I see in person. It's very easy for me to see something and evaluate it correctly, every time. I'm just more of a visual person. There are some other reasons I don't intend to get on here anymore besides that though.

Seriously Shane, get over it, I'm sick of reading threads from you every few weeks/months about how you're gonna leave cos someone doesn't agree with you, me included. You're either really stuck up your own arse, or really over sensitive, maybe both. People don't always agree. And you're not always right, even though you seem to think you are. No one has any idea whether you're this amazing dog trainer that you claim to be, it just makes you seem really big headed.
    emily

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Any similarities in my posts to anyone or anything real is purely coincidental.
    Please do not take anything I type as fact. I also may not be who I say I am, so don't know anything about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by squashynose View Post
    Seriously Shane, get over it, I'm sick of reading threads from you every few weeks/months about how you're gonna leave cos someone doesn't agree with you, me included. You're either really stuck up your own arse, or really over sensitive, maybe both. People don't always agree. And you're not always right, even though you seem to think you are. No one has any idea whether you're this amazing dog trainer that you claim to be, it just makes you seem really big headed.
    Every few weeks? I never said I was always right, of course I'm not. No one is always right, and everyone always learn something new, especially when it comes to dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
    It's very easy for me to see something and evaluate it correctly, every time.
    Ahem.
    emily

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Any similarities in my posts to anyone or anything real is purely coincidental.
    Please do not take anything I type as fact. I also may not be who I say I am, so don't know anything about anything.

Aside from that, there are some other reasons I need to just "get away" for now. Not necessarily related to this forum. Obviously I don't spend "much" time on here, but certain deaths of friends, and even something I never wanted to mention.....But we may be putting down Buck soon due to problems from a previous spinal injury. Long story, and I won't go into it.

Quote Originally Posted by squashynose View Post
    Ahem.
    I meant in person. Not sure why I quoted "ahem" lol