Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 Leaf Pharmacy

5 Leaf Pharmacy

Hello everyone, my dog was diagnosed with Kidney Failure and I saw a 3 week program of holistic health therapy and wondering if anyone has used or heard of Five leaf Pharmacy and their program for Kidney Failure...........or has someone else had some success with other alternative therapies?

thank you

Five Leaf Pet Pharmacy

I'm sorry to hear about your dog. My 6 month old puppy has also been diagnosed with kidney failure and I too located the Five Leaf Pet Pharmacy web site which offers the Canine Kidney Failure programme. My vet told me that nothing can be done for my dog as her kidneys were not formed properly at birth. Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with this programme when the kidney failure is due to a birth defect?
    She is still quite alert and eating well but quite lethargic as she is not producing enough red blood cells.

Thank you.

I'm so sorry about your dog. I know how you feel. I haven't heard about that progam. But my dog also had renal failure. I put him on Nutro max lite dog food, and he took a blood pressure pill a day. He responded great, and it's very inexpensive.
    If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude...
    then animals are better off than a lot of humans.

dog crates | pet beds | bird cages | crate dolly

Quote Originally Posted by ccullen0114 View Post
    Hello everyone, my dog was diagnosed with Kidney Failure and I saw a 3 week program of holistic health therapy and wondering if anyone has used or heard of Five leaf Pharmacy and their program for Kidney Failure...........or has someone else had some success with other alternative therapies?

thank you
    I'm am sorry for your dogs diagnosis.

I looked at their website. When a pet has a fatal illness some people want to try anything to save them, and places like this five leaf pharmacy capitalize on that. I'm not saying they are bad, but the kidneys are NOT a regenerative organ. Kidney damage is not reversible.

One caution, just because things are "natural" or "herbal" does not mean they are safe. Keep a close eye on your pet for any side affects or reactions if you decide to try this program.

I have a cat in kidney failure. she was diagnosed 3 years ago, gets sub q fluids at home. I know another kitty who is in her sixth year of kidney failure. Also being treated the traditional way.

CRF doesn't have to be an immediate death sentence.

I prefer traditional modern scientific medicine.

If you do decide to try the five leaf program it would be helpful if you report back to us the results.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyMom View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your dog. My 6 month old puppy has also been diagnosed with kidney failure and I too located the Five Leaf Pet Pharmacy web site which offers the Canine Kidney Failure programme. My vet told me that nothing can be done for my dog as her kidneys were not formed properly at birth. Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with this programme when the kidney failure is due to a birth defect?
    She is still quite alert and eating well but quite lethargic as she is not producing enough red blood cells.

Thank you.
    RubyMom, I am sorry to hear about your puppy's kidney defect. I hope you can keep her healthy and comfortable for a long time to come. Have you thought of seeing another vet for a second opinion?

Hello from Tina's mom

God we love our dogs!

My 18 year old chow/sheltie passed a couple of years ago..... what an amazing dog I was told over and over by friends, family and strangers! I miss her, but what a great life she had.... I fed her lots of organic raw veggies and real meats, and some health food kibble.

Tina was a pup when Silke passed, but Tina has rapidly been declining the last couple of months at age 5! She could outwalk her doberman friend a few months ago, and even hike up and down mountains.... and she's just a little long haired chihuahua!

The vet ran tests: Her heart and liver is double, and there is some blood in the urine. She can barely get up a step and has short breaths.

The vet said we could do tests after tests but it could be very expensive and still not find an answer... so we're going to try to make her body as strong as it can be with purified water with ionic minerals, raw organic foods, plus herbs and natural supplementaion. Tina wasn't raised on the same kind of diet that Silke had due to hardship in the family. I am suspicious that processed pet food wasn't good enough for her system.

Any help out there is welcome. She does not have heart worm or other obvious diseases. Her liver enzymes are up as well as her white count. She is on antibiotics now for the second round. I have also put her on the Five Leaf Pet Pharmacy program for Heart issues, which includes strengthening the kidneys and liver as well. She's been on this a day so far.

I would love to hear from others that have used this for their dogs - any out there?

My experience in humans..

I have confidence in the herbs in the Five Leaf program. I have been the recipient of herbs and acupuncture when I had kidney failure... and boy did that get them going again like crazy!

My son had bed wetting for years into his early teenage years until I came across Uva Ursi.... and poof it was over! We had tried about every thing to exhaustion, so I know that this is good herb.

For a human or a dog, it can only help to strengthen all the systems of the body since they all rely on each other. I have studied holistic nutrition for 15 years as it saved my life. I am hoping this will give my Tina the best chance. It may not work, but it's not going to hurt.

Next up will be acupuncture and incorporating the hydrotherapy.... both of which date back reputably as being quite rejuvenitive. In the case of kidneys not being able to regenerate.... that is true, but stagnation and disfunction of hurting kidneys can be improved as I very well know - I still have mine and they're working well!

From my immediate first inspection of the herbs, I feel they are of very high quality - they just smell fresh and right. I am confident that they are most likely better than most over the counter products out there. And no, I have no affiliation with the company.... just stumbled on them in my quest for answers.

I have hope, but also know sometimes, a dog's genetic weekness thresshold may have been irreversibly crossed, but how nice it is to even just have hope... and to look into the eyes of your loving dog with your own hope radiating into theirs.

Kind thoughts to everyone out there! We are all cut from the same stuff - love.

Tina's mom

My Experience With Five Leaf Pet Pharmacy Products

I also had trouble finding reviews on sites other than Five Leaf's site and my 7 year old lab-mix, Jack, was diagnosed with kidney failure about 6 months ago. We had no idea what stage of failure he was in and the vet couldn't guess. Like many pet owners, this was devastating and we were willing to try anything we could within our means. We discovered many things, but a cure was not one of them. As stated a few posts above, the kidneys do not regenerate and once they begin to decline in function there is no stopping that process. However, you can make a steep downhill a gradual slope provided it isn't close to the bottom of the hill. We discovered Five Leaf and their treatment process. Additionally, we gave Jack 500ml of IV fluids every three days, daily medications from the vet, vitamins, Smart Water (like Gatorade, but no food dye, sugar or flavor) and fed him "human" food (bland or with a little garlic) and an organic super low ash content dry food called Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul. While we have never given our dogs "cheap" dog food, there is still a high ash content in many of the common brands of dog food. It is believed that the high ash content is primarily responsible for early kidney failure in both dogs and cats. I also suspect that Jack's love of chewing/eating our vertical blinds whenever the UPS guy showed up at the house was also a factor. We started cooking him skinless organic chicken and turkey breast, leaf spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, fruits, etc. It was a roller-coaster experience. He would be almost normal one day and down the next. A couple weeks into the change in diet, meds, and fluids, he began to have more good days than bad days. About three months in, feeding him the greens from Five Leaf became more difficult and were eventually force fed about half of what was recommended. But over time, the presence of ammonia in his breath became stronger, he began losing interest in food (we would be cooking eggs, chicken, burgers - to the point of trying them with ketchup after he first refused it and sometimes that worked, etc.), and his energy level dropped. Despite that, whenever he was offered to go for a walk, he would get right up and eagerly wait at the door. He'd even try to keep up with his sisters, tail wagging the whole time.

Two days ago we took him to the vet and didn't expect to come home with him. His breath was heavy with ammonia and he had very little energy. After doing the blood tests, our vet didn't know how Jack was still carrying on with his numbers being so high. The vet let him come home with us because Jack was still alert and appeared to want to keep going. Jack bounced back one last time yesterday and went out to run around with his two sisters for awhile in the yard. He even managed to eat a little. But today is different. He's hungry, but won't go near food and he's throwing up what little water he drinks. The vet said we'd know when the day came that we were keeping him going more for us than him, so we now have one final appointment with the vet this afternoon. However, through all of this, I can't say with any certainty if the Five Leaf Pet Pharmacy kidney treatment helped or not. But, I can say it apparently didn't hurt. It's all about the quality of life, whether you are human, dog, or any other animal. If you ever face a terminal condition, all you can do is comfort and try to alleviate the worst of it. Make the time you do have count and when the time comes, don't let them suffer.

Hello, welcome to pet lovers. I'm sorry for your loss of your beloved Jack today. He was one lucky dog to have you taking such good care of him and not letting him suffer when the time came.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the program mentioned.

I had great results with Five Leaf Pharmacy products both with my epileptic bull dog mix and my old Golden. I am NOT a vet and I believe it's about good life quality, I don't believe this is a cure. However, Scouts BUN went from 80 to 25 in three weeks. I do not have a clue if this is typical or even should be recommended. Anything one does for ones pets should be monitored by yourself and your vet. I just want Bronson (epilepsy) to have a clear liver and kidney from all the phenobarbital and potassium bromide, and Scout's old kidneys to be a little cleaner. I am also just glad for every day with an older pet. I hope this helps.

Five Leaf Pet Pharmacy

Hi everyone,

I see a few people are on here trying to find out about the Five Leaf Pet Pharmacy Program. Well....I have tried it & would NOT reccommend it at all. It did not work for my beautiful Phoebe who has been diagnosed with Chronic Kidney failure. Everytime I tried to contact Amanda by phone I got an answering service & she never returned my calls! I then send her 4 different emails begging for her help & advise to which I never got a reply. If your dog is unwell I would recommend never ending amounts of love & attention...because that is all they really want.

Thanks
    Laura
    x

I have used the five leaf kidney formula. My pup was diagnosed with kidney disease at 4 months. His ultrasound looked bad. His blood levels were high. I was skeptical about anything claiming to help. After reading the testimonials, I decided to try this. I put him on a homemade low protein diet. Started hydrotherapy. And started on the drops. I did three rounds. Ending about 3 months ago. I had talked myself into thinking I was doing it for nothing. Today I had him at the vet. I asked the vet to check his blood levels just to see. She called me back tonight with the results. She was amazed. His bun and creatnine levels were down in the normal range. She couldn't believe it and asked her assistant to double check to see if they got the wrong dog's test. Just because something doesn't work for one dog, doesn't mean it won't work for any. As I say, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Even if it hasn't cured his problem. Which can't be seen unless another ultrasound is done. It is keeping his kidneys functioning and improving his quality of life.

Quote Originally Posted by keyota View Post
    I have used the five leaf kidney formula. My pup was diagnosed with kidney disease at 4 months. His ultrasound looked bad. His blood levels were high. I was skeptical about anything claiming to help. After reading the testimonials, I decided to try this. I put him on a homemade low protein diet. Started hydrotherapy. And started on the drops. I did three rounds. Ending about 3 months ago. I had talked myself into thinking I was doing it for nothing. Today I had him at the vet. I asked the vet to check his blood levels just to see. She called me back tonight with the results. She was amazed. His bun and creatnine levels were down in the normal range. She couldn't believe it and asked her assistant to double check to see if they got the wrong dog's test. Just because something doesn't work for one dog, doesn't mean it won't work for any. As I say, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Even if it hasn't cured his problem. Which can't be seen unless another ultrasound is done. It is keeping his kidneys functioning and improving his quality of life.
    I am glad this is helping your puppy. You must be so relieved. I need to remind you though that there is NO CURE for kidney disease. Acute kidney failure, brought on by a specific catastrophic event such as poisoning can sometimes be reversed, but kidney disease is not curable.

What caused the kidney problems in your puppy? Did he get into something toxic?

Or were you feeding a food such as Purina (notorious for causing illness and death in animals)

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/ralston.html

I do urge you to search for the cause of this illness in your puppy, and change his food if you are feeding Purina, or it is likely to recur.

Welcome to pet lovers and keep us posted.

Hello..
    My 6 month old dog Kenzo has also just been diagnosed with kidney failure caused by some sort of bactery 2 days ago. Today is his 3rd day at the hospital. I was shocked when his blood test results indicates a very high creatinine level of 14 and 140 BUN. Shocked and devastated, I determine to keep him alive. I came across Five Leaf Pet Pharmacy and very interested and encouraged by the testimonials. I bought the packaged products right away, although it takes 5 days (the fastest) to ship them to me here in Indonesia.
    They should be delivered by March 5th.
    Meanwhile, Kenzo's condition at the hospital is not improving significantly. I'm keeping him in high spirits and show him much love and care as possible, hoping for a miracle and his survival.
    I think after reading Tinasmom post I am more confident to try Five Leaf Pet Pharmacy products. I just hope it will work great on my Kenzo. Fingers crossed.

before you order from five leaf pet pharmacy

My beloved little girl Bella was diagnosed with Kidney failure a short period ago and when i asked the Vet what her prognosis was he said 6-12 months.Heartbroken i searched for anything that could prolong her life.I came across Five Leaf Pet Pharmacy and after reading some of the testemonials on the website placed an order for the canine kidney health package which cost 85 or $126.75 as I live in the Uk the shipping cost was another 50 or $76.27. While I was waiting for the package to arrive Bellas health got much worse and the Vet suggested we hospitalise her and flush her system with IV fluids she responded well to the IV treatment and she was sent home after 2 days. Her health deteriorated immediately and she died 2 days thereafter.Sadly Her condition was far more advanced than the Vet had anticipated and I lost My Best Little Friend.
    I contacted Five Leaf Pet Pharmacy immediately as the package had not arrived by this time and asked if I could return it for a refund I got No reply to my e-mail, I have sent the e-mail to 3 separate addresses linked to them and received No reply.They can keep the money as it won't bring My little baby back but I have to post this for any potential customers that might find themselves in desperation due to circumstances beyond their control.I cannot say whether their product would help in any way as sadly I never got the chance to use it......but I will say this.... ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS and their New Age Herbalist We Care Alot facade is just that .....a Facade ....they are in My personal view just about the Money and that kind of drive will make people do and say anything to get it and this in My view makes all the testemonials on their site Extremely Questionable too, Read their returns policy very carefully before You order,. Below is a copy of the e-mail i sent them.....

Hello there,
    Sadly I had to say goodbye to my best little friend on 13/04/13 her condition was much more advanced than the Vet anticipated when he first gave me the news of her condition last week.I haven't received the package from you as yet and I was wondering if it would be ok to return it to you immediately and be refunded for it?. I'm Very Sorry about this and I wish with All of Heart that My Little Girl was still with me to start your treatment but sadly this isn't the case.I wish You every success in the future and I think it is a Wonderful thing that You can offer some hope for people and their best friends when everything else seems so hopeless.

kind Regards

John Mackreth.

The only thing that will prolong Your Best Friends life is Dialysis see http below I found this Too late...but it may help somebody in some way if they can build their own Dialysis Machine

*tried to post a link forum wouldn't allow it so goto google and search for chinese man keeps himself alive for 13 years on homemade dialysis machine*

and remember No ammount of money can bring them back from the dead so appreciate and enjoy every second you have with them and if you can somehow make a dialysis machine you can with Love and Commitment enjoy many more years with your loyal companions...... Bella was only 8yrs and 4months old