Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does your dog get sick from KFC Chicken?

Does your dog get sick from KFC Chicken?

My dog ate a view pieces of KFC chicken yesterday and today she has diahrrea and is vomiting. Is there something in that chicken that does not agree with dogs? Could it be the oil or the spices?
    This is my sweet cockapoo Tandy

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...ee/025_00A.jpg
    http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...mysunshine.jpg

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated . . . I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty by man" - Gandhi

I desire to become the wonderful person that my dog thinks I am.

yah it could be the chicken... you should get your dog to a vet..
    I'm an owner and pet trainer, dog shock collars are a great tool when teaching your pet. Dog Shock Collars are safe and effective and come in different sizes and amounts of static to suit your dog. The instant correction will help your dog know that he is being corrected.

I noticed KFC chickens are usually very salty and also its fried so its probably the oil and salt that caused your dog to be sick. It might be she's allergic?? My lily was like that she always vomited next morning when she ate chicken so I started feeding her dog food without chicken.

I would get her to the vet ASAP.
    You really should not feed them fried or marinated foods, its really no good for them, they don't process foods like we do.
    I hope she's doing better.

tiffers is offline PetLovers.Com Moderator PetLovers.Com Moderator
    ...just the meat? The skin? The bone?

What pieces did she get? Yes, I do agree it is most likely the whole ordeal that has sent her into vomiting and diarrhea. Any time you have the two together, you have a problem that needs medical attention. If you let this go too far, you'll be spending a LOT more money. The sooner the better, I hope she gets better.

Husky06 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tandy View Post
    My dog ate a view pieces of KFC chicken yesterday and today she has diahrrea and is vomiting. Is there something in that chicken that does not agree with dogs? Could it be the oil or the spices?

As bad as that food is for us humans lol, you know it has to be bad for dogs too. Hope everything goes well.

its DEFINITELY the chicken.. i wouldnt doubt it anyways.. ALthough the vomiting isn;t common with an upset tummy from human foods.. Although fried foods are by FAR the worse.. Havent you seen "Its me or the Dog"? Human foods are for humans!!

Anyways, you might want to feed her some boiled chicken and white rice (and maybe some cooked carrots) for now just to help her settle her stomach. When she starts getting normalized, you can go back to regular food..

Oh yea, and some unflavored PEDIALYTE is a good idea to give so she doesnt get dehydrated.
    Help Cappy with this photo contest~! he's too cute to pass up!!
    CLICK HERE TO SEE
    Lindsay
    The Kitties (total 6!) :
    Tweek Chili Cat Fuffuffooey Squirt
    Tara(bibble)
    Mr. Mojo

The pooch:
    Cappy

Artistic Pet Photography By Matty B (my husband)
    bscphoto.com

I have no doubts that it COULD be the meat. My husband has gotten very sick after eating at KFC on 2 different times and different chicken places. He refused to eat it now...... I can not say I blame him though. Although the second time was his fault. I could not eat mine so....he did. By 2:00a.m. he was a very sick .......... so our KFC days are over.
    ~*~In Loving Memory To My Mom ~*~ 1931-1993
    Some say love, it is a hunger: an endless aching need......
    I say love it is a flower and you it's only seed.
    Just remember in the winter, far beneath the bitter snows...
    lies the seed that with the suns love.....

~*in the spring.......becomes the Rose*~

I definitely think fast food chicken can do a number on the poor doggies tummies and intestines. Those spices and grease are not things that you are probably feeding your dog on a regular basis and their system just can't tolerate it. I think any of those places have grilled chicken available so you could always order that instead and remove any skin (or get it skinless if possible).
    Theresa and Gigi <woof woof> and Anisette<arf arf> and Le Beau Ouiseaux Rouge<chirp chirp> and Enchanté <ruff ruff>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, it is best to have the vet check her so that she'll be given the proper medication.
    "Who does need blanket when you got your pooch to cuddle?"
    Dog Bark Control:: Pet Gate :: Dog Training Equipment::
    Dog Life Jacket :: Dog Shock Collar :: Electronic Dog Collar

Quote Originally Posted by lindsayanng View Post
    Havent you seen "Its me or the Dog"? Human foods are for humans!!

Anyways, you might want to feed her some boiled chicken and white rice (and maybe some cooked carrots) for now just to help her settle her stomach.
    Sorry Lindsay.... but this read incredibly ironic to me... and a tad funny!

It most likely was the chicken. Bandit cannot handle Chicken either, or Turkey, even if I bake it myself. I have tried to enforce a "no table food" rule in this house, but we faulter from time to time. Funny thing is steak or pork doesnt affect him, only poultry...

Since I am a vegetarian, I bought the chicken specifically for her. I deboned a chicken breast, cut the meat in pieces and gave it to her. It took about one day before she became sick. Thanks everyone. I gave her some meds and she is ok now. No more KFC for her. I also got some Libby's canned pumpkin (not pie filling) (good for upset tummy)
    This is my sweet cockapoo Tandy

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...ee/025_00A.jpg
    http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...mysunshine.jpg

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated . . . I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty by man" - Gandhi

I desire to become the wonderful person that my dog thinks I am.

Husky06 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tandy View Post
    Since I am a vegetarian, I bought the chicken specifically for her. I deboned a chicken breast, cut the meat in pieces and gave it to her. It took about one day before she became sick. Thanks everyone. I gave her some meds and she is ok now. No more KFC for her. I also got some Libby's canned pumpkin (not pie filling) (good for upset tummy)
    If you want to give her meat, give her raw meat occasionally. The chicken breasts they have are super greesy. I can only eat the strips they have or else I get sick too.....but thats not healthy either lol.

tiffers is offline PetLovers.Com Moderator PetLovers.Com Moderator
    If you're wanting to feed her meat...buy it from a butcher. Not a FAST FOOD restaurant. There's no telling what kind of crap they put in those pieces to make them last months at a time.

TIFFES.. i meant that human food in the way of PREPARED FOODS, not actual meats.. meat is meat, and can be for any carnivour.. i mean KFC or McDonalds, or even the marinated chicken that you made for dinner last night.. thats human food that should NEVER be fed to dogs..

I dont mean to sound condescending, but why would you go to get fried chicken on for your dog. Its so bad for humans, let alone for a dog. GO to a butcher or grocery store and BOIL some meat. That is the best way to give a dog human grade food.. you can even feed it raw if you wish, but NOT FRIED.

Nothing with seasonings should ever go into your dogs tummy on purpose.. What meds didyou give?? you dont want to give her too much because then you will have the opposite issue.. she will become constipated.
    Help Cappy with this photo contest~! he's too cute to pass up!!
    CLICK HERE TO SEE
    Lindsay
    The Kitties (total 6!) :
    Tweek Chili Cat Fuffuffooey Squirt
    Tara(bibble)
    Mr. Mojo

The pooch:
    Cappy

Artistic Pet Photography By Matty B (my husband)
    bscphoto.com