PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used Petshed products?

Shih Tzus 4
01-24-2005, 03:12 PM
Has anyone bought products such as Frontline or Heartgard from Petshed? They are an Australian company selling the same formulas as found in the US. However, the prices are a lot cheaper. What I found uncomfortable is the disclaimer at the bottom saying their products haven't been approved for sale in the US by the EPA...hmmm

skyhawk
01-29-2005, 12:09 AM
I think the disclaimer says it all, so proceed at your own risk. Australia may have better conditions for the parasite survival so it may be stronger than the reccomended dosage of the US...or vice-versa on the weaker side. So the dosage may be lethal or ineffective! I know how pricey these medicines are and I catch a break at www.petmed.com

I save over $50 from the medications at my vet each year! BTW some vets tend to match the lower price if you tell them.

Texas Teeny
03-07-2005, 06:00 PM
I've been buying Frontline Plus from Petshed.com for 2 years and it works great. Products arrive within a week and they prices can't be beat. Read other reviews here: http://www.epinions.com/Pet_Shed_Online_Store/display_~reviews

You'll definitely be happy with the purchase. :)

I used to buy Heargard Plus from them until they stopped selling the beef flavored product, that one also helps prevent roundworms. Now I buy it from 1800petmeds.com.

bisquik
03-09-2005, 05:16 PM
I'm wary about ordering stuff like that over the internet. I wouldn't order my own meds off the internet, so I won't do it for my dogs, either.

For heartworm and all intestinal worm protection, I give my dogs ivermectin. That's teh active ingredient in the meds from the vet. I buy it at the redneck feed store for $40, it's good for 1.5 years and with each dog needing less than 0.5cc per month, that saves hundreds of dollars versus buying Heartguard or Interceptor or any of those. It's great, but only if you know what you're doing. You can easily give your dogs a lethal dose of invermectin.

Python
03-09-2005, 05:59 PM
We use front line for our dogs and it works really good.. Weve never order any of our susplies on line.

petmagic
05-04-2006, 02:55 AM
I use a site called vetstop.com, been using them for 3 years, great service never a problem.

mccollumsp
06-12-2006, 02:04 PM
I have been using PetShed products for the past two years on my outdoor dog and cat without any trouble what so ever. Their products come quickly to my home here in South Carolina without any trouble and they work great! I highly recommend them to anyone who has any doubts.

- Patrick :)

JustJo
06-13-2006, 07:16 AM
I would always be careful in buying certain pet products online. I do not buy any meds or things like Frontline from online dealers, only from my vet. I know my vet gets them directly from authorized dealers of the company. There has been a lot of counterfeiting of products, a couple of them being Frontline and Advantage. The EPA has a warning about this:

http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/factsheets/petproduct.htm

I am not saying that PetShed sells counterfeit products, just that I would not take the chance of buying these from anyone but my vet.

Peachfuzz
07-10-2006, 12:57 PM
I think PetShed is great. I ordered Revolution for my cat and I did not need a prescription from the vet, although she did tell me that my cat suffers from ear mites and she recommended the use of Revolution. Her price? $75. Revolution arrived today from Australia -- one day earlier than expected. Delivery took about 10 days. Price was $53, including shipping. On the box it reads: Made in USA by Pfizer Inc. for: Pfizer Animal Health Group A division of Pfizer Pty. Limited. And this is a new package with an expiry date of 08/ 2008. I highly recommend this online store and will order from them again! Cheers.

england
07-08-2010, 10:31 PM
i use petshed all the time i just ordered revolution for both of my dogs today one is a ****zu and the other is a golden retriever mix been ordering from them for years and u don't need a prescription

special
07-09-2010, 09:40 AM
i use petshed all the time i just ordered revolution for both of my dogs today one is a ****zu and the other is a golden retriever mix been ordering from them for years and u don't need a prescription

I think PetShed is great. I ordered Revolution for my cat and I did not need a prescription from the vet, although she did tell me that my cat suffers from ear mites and she recommended the use of Revolution. Her price? $75. Revolution arrived today from Australia -- one day earlier than expected. Delivery took about 10 days. Price was $53, including shipping. On the box it reads: Made in USA by Pfizer Inc. for: Pfizer Animal Health Group A division of Pfizer Pty. Limited. And this is a new package with an expiry date of 08/ 2008. I highly recommend this online store and will order from them again! Cheers.

I know this is an old thread, but since it's been bumped up I am compelled to reply to these two posts.

I would never, ever, buy a prescription med from an online store that "does not require a prescription". Don't you wonder where those drugs came from? Don't you wonder why they sell without requiring a prescription?

The answer is, because the products are bootleg and there is no guarantee you are even getting what you pay for. So not only are you potentially wasting your money on a product that may or may not actually work the way it is supposed to, you very realistically are putting your pet's health at risk, by using this product.

msjdoolittle
07-09-2010, 04:29 PM
I would NEVER buy my pet prescriptions online, those come from the vet or local pharmacies. But, I do order my Frontline (12 cat and 3 dog applications) from DrsFosterandSmith.com. With free shipping on flea and tick products, it's far more economical for me. They are the only online site I use for any health related product for my pets, regardless of lower prices found elsewhere.

special
07-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Julia, you may want to check prices on Frontline with your vet. My vet clinic deliberately undersells on-line supply stores for frontline and other products like that. They check prices every morning and sell for $5 less. :) they do this because they want their clients to buy the real thing, which you know you are getting if you get it from your vet.

In addition you get one free tube per six purchased. That is manufacturers' promotions (all of them, frontline, advantage, and revolution products), not my vet.

People (I'm not directing this part at you or anyone) in general always seem to assume that their vets are trying to shaft them. In the first place, there isn't any reason a vet should not make a profit on the products they sell, as the vet is a business after all, however, many clinics really honestly just want what's best for your pets. :)

msjdoolittle
07-09-2010, 08:49 PM
I'll certainly call my vet and get prices, before I make my next order. Thanks for the suggestion, wonder why I didn't think of that, being the smart woman I am! LOL

Oldtcguy
12-24-2011, 09:02 AM
To those wary about PetShed product offerings, I can say from experience that your concerns are unfounded. In addition to having used products offered through their website for years without any problems, I recently completed a trip to Sydney, New South Wales Australia. I had the opportunity to work with Austrialian government officials involved in regulatory affairs for the country during this visit. I brought up the fact that I had been ordering pet products from one of their native firms, namely PetShed and remarked that the prices were significantly lower than those available in the States. I found out that international drug companies routinely set prices to what the market will bear, and in Australia, that cost is lower than in the US. US buyers also benefit from a better exchange rate which is also factored into the drug company's cost. Also, Australia regulates these companies similar to the US, so counterfeit goods, while always a concern is no more of a risk in Australia than here in the US.

Having said this, I would not order from India, Singapore, China, or any other second or third world supplier. I only buy pet food that says MADE IN THE USA on the label which eliminates some very pricy and popular brands.

So, if it makes you feel better to pay more for the same product, I suppose that is a good investment.

jersey.g1rl
01-17-2012, 11:19 PM
I had no idea it was an austrailian company. but i read all the reviews on the med i was interested in buying, and they were all good. thought it was worth a shot to try and save money. big mistake. i bought a worm med that was good for both dogs and cats, it made my dog vomit, one cat act violent and foam at the mouth especially after drinking water as if she had eaten soap. and the other cat just keeps flipping out as if i gave her crack or something. i will not buy from here again!!!!!! i love my animals as my children.....and this med about gave me a heart attack seeing tghem sick like this.

edwardsanima
01-18-2012, 01:31 PM
i order things online from different companies but any medicine coming into this country from another may be confiscated. the us frowns upon doing that. i dont know this company but cant say either way.

Aisell
01-30-2012, 04:57 AM
Yes I use Frontline or Heartgard from long time and I'm very pleased :)