PDA

View Full Version : How to get cats urine smell out of towels?

katiem
10-16-2008, 12:23 PM
My lovely little Hobbes has a wonderful habits of peeing on the towels I tend to leave on the floor after a shower (I live alone, so who cares?;)). I know that if I simply don't drop the towels on the floor it wont happen, but sometimes I'm in a rush, or I get lazy.

So what I need to know is how to get that super smell out once shes peed on them. I've washed them over and over, but they still stank! Any advice is welcome (except throwing out the towels, my precious Pirates of the Caribbean towel will never part from me!).

e1beth1
10-16-2008, 12:26 PM
I've washed my throw rugs that go under the litter boxes with a healthy helping of Natures Miracle tossed in with the detergent and it works really good.

katiem
10-16-2008, 12:36 PM
I'll give that a try. Natures Miracle works pretty good with the carpets when the dogs pee on them, even though its a cat product.

Ltlpistol
10-16-2008, 12:45 PM
You could also try Odoban. I used that in my carpet shampooer, and it got most of the stains out, and got rid of the nasty permeating odor in the house.

k4teacher
10-16-2008, 02:48 PM
I have also thrown in about 1/2 of vinegar (or more...if it is really bad) into the wash load...it's an old remedy...but it works!

lindsayanng
10-16-2008, 09:54 PM
i SWEAR by natures miracle.. i had a cat that was peeing on the bed about every week - i cleaned everything with natures miracle and you would never know it.. just throw about 1/4 cup into the washer with you detergent.

leeroy
10-18-2008, 07:12 PM
I like to thank some of the reply posters,recently I adopted a male cat,I reckon the reason for spraying,it's a 'territorial markers',However the nsmell is awful!.so far I used bleach and laundry powder,I can't (at this stage) proclaim victory on the oodor,however,I just wonder,if any reader,may be aware of any 'preventive strategies',as this pet pee on my bed,now I covered the bed woth transparent plastic sheet cover ,and this morning I managed to save the bed from urin,that while I was gone,was deposited on the 'protective sheet of plastic' (from a neighbor,was a shower curtain which was replaced with a newer one).Thanks In Advance for any ideas.

lindsayanng
10-18-2008, 08:37 PM
you should get your cat neutered. It will probably get rid of the spraying all together.

leeroy
10-20-2008, 12:06 AM
you should get your cat neutered. It will probably get rid of the spraying all together.
Thanks for your immediate reply,However my cat is neutered,may be it's stress that caused it,only recently he moved to my custody,but I treat him nice,it also may be the litter box.it was smelly,I might need Pine litter,provided that it's safe,as I undersood 'Pine sol' it's poisonous to cats.but I assume it's not the pine litter chips.

Julia423
10-20-2008, 12:42 AM
Ok...how do I get cat urine smell out of an item that cannot be washed? (A Louis Vuitton canvas handbag :() It was a gift and I'm being asked why I don't ever carry it. Charlie was accidently locked (door shut from window breeze) into the bedroom away from his litterbox. I have NO idea how colorsafe the dyes are etc... That's why I usually carry my good ol' bargain priced purses if any at all.

leeroy
10-22-2008, 11:15 PM
I don't know if it'll help you,but there must be a strong deodorizing spray for that problem,some claim Enzimatic type.at the very least, I used vinager and rubbed it with a paper towel on the bed where my cat sprayed.I'm not recommending it,just try to be helpful.by the way some nice neighbor gave me a very strong Lysol anti bacterial disinfectant,as well as 'Lilac' room fragrance,it's extremely strong as well as flamable,made in England.I hope it may help you ,Lilac website:
http://www.asquithandsomerset.com
Good luck!

leeroy
10-22-2008, 11:16 PM
http://www.somersetdistribution.co.uk/