PDA

View Full Version : Pain in the back hind quarters?

juniorsmom
01-02-2008, 02:55 PM
THis started a week ago. Whenever I pet or brush Junior, he reacts when I touch him in the rear hind quarter or back just at the base of the tail. I don't think it is hurting because he doesn't really yelp or run, but he just wants me to stop. He never did that before. Any help would be greatly apprecaited. I also tried to feel but I don't feel a lump or anything and I felt under his belly by the legs and he is fine.

juniorsmom
01-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Just talked to the vet and he said it sound like his anal glands could be clogged or infected. Sound right? Taking him there tonight.

TrixtersMom
01-03-2008, 11:10 AM
that can definitely do it! hoping he is all better after the vet visit! :)

tiffers
01-03-2008, 02:59 PM
I was going to suggest anal glands. Hopefully they just need to be expressed. :) Best of luck!

juniorsmom
01-03-2008, 07:20 PM
the vet expressed the anal glands and gave him an antibiotic. The vet had an accent so I am not sure if he was saying it happens because he is overweight? I know he said he has a heart murmur and he should lose some weight to help that but I'm not sure about the anal gland problem.

tiffers
01-04-2008, 08:18 PM
As I've said in another thread, I don't see how Anal Gland's filling up have anything to do with obesity. Now, being overweight does put a lot of strain on the heart, and with a heart murmur, that's not good.

juniorsmom
01-06-2008, 10:28 PM
maybe because he is too big to clean himself properly. I do see fecal matter on his fur, I am going to keep it clean for him in the future